Hello, its me again,

took a look at Cases, saw they are still in Beta, thought I'd share some feedback.

No option to lock a case
At the moment it is not possible to lock a case from other users. This can be helpful if you want to finish off investigation in a case and dont want other people to add comments to it.
This also signals other analysts that the case is being wrapped up.

Traceability can be improved
Its great that a new entry is being created in the case whenever a user edits a comment but if I could see it in the comments header it makes navigating the case much easier.
If we are picturing a heavily commented on case then scrolling down to the edit entry and all the way up to the edited entry can be a bit annoying.

This screenshot shows a comment that was edited by another user. With just looking at the comment itself I am unable to tell if it has been tampered with by another user. Simply changing the wording to "(edited x minutes ago by y)" would add a lot of convenience.

Closing a case leaves it open for new comments
Pretty much what it says. When I close a case I can still add comments. In my opinion a closed case should also be closed for comments to preserve its integrity. If another comment needs to be added the case should be re-opened.

Thanks a lot Madduck for all these feedback, and some are in the pipelines ;). However, I just want to add something that you might know or not, if you click image, this will bring you back to the original comment.

Best,
Xavier

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.