Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [host.name] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead

I had this problem visiting kibana Infrastructure.
I followed the document example:
PUT metricbeat - * / _mapping
{
"Properties" : {
"Host name" : {
"Type" : "text",
"Fielddata" : true
}
}
}
It happened:
Mapper [host.name] of different types, current_type [keyword], merged_type [text]
How can I solve this problem

You can't change the mapping for an existing field.
You need to drop the index for that and then create the mapping.

BTW, why do you want to use fielddata instead of using the keyword datatype?

The metricbeat-* index is the automatically produced index of metricbeat.
Before I created geoip using logstash, I could use metricbeat to access Infrastructure on kibana to view the data visualization, but after I used geoip I couldn't access the Infrastructure visualization graph, which shows the problems with Fielddata

If you need to change something, you need to change the index template for the indices that will be created after.

I'm unsure I understood your exact problem with fielddata though and how this relates to geoip... Some examples, logs, error messages would help.
But I think it's better to move this thread to #beats:metricbeat. So I just did that.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.