Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Alternatively use a keyword field instead

Does this mean that I need to make changes in some json file ?

Actually, I have installed metricbeat along with its default dashboard. Now, when I load dashboard using one of the default dashboards of metricbeat I get error.

Below are some errors :

1. Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [system.process.name] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead.

2. The aggregations key is missing from the response, check your permissions for this request.

3. The request for this panel failed. Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [system.network.name] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead.

Please let me know exactly in which file I should be doing these changes.

Thank You

Are you using the metricbeat template or the mappings of the metric beat index got created itself.

If you are using the metricbeat default template you wont face this issue by default all the fields in the metricbeat template are of type keyword.

Please check you index mappings once.

1 Like

I have just followed the below link :

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/metricbeat/current/load-kibana-dashboards.html

Nothing apart from this !!! Meanwhile, can you please let me know how can I do the changes as required.

How are you pushing the metricbeat data to elasticsearch .if you are directly pushing the data from metricbeat ,enabe the below config in metricbeat YML

#==================== Elasticsearch template setting ==========================

#setup.template.settings:
 # index.number_of_shards: 3
 # index.codec: best_compression
  #_source.enabled: false
#setup.template.name: "metricbeat"
#setup.template.pattern: "metricbeat-*"

This is not working. I have added data as requested i.e. without #:

#==================== Elasticsearch template setting ==========================

setup.template.settings:
index.number_of_shards: 3
index.codec: best_compression
_source.enabled: false
setup.template.name: "metricbeat"
setup.template.pattern: "metricbeat-*"

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.