File structure cannot be determined on data visualizer

Hello everyone !

In advance, sorry for my english. I have an issue with the Data Visualizer.
In my case, I have created a json file.
My problem is that the data visualizer doesn't want my file as an input.

The error :

[illegal_argument_exception]: Could not find a timestamp in the sample provided
Explanation so far:
[Using character encoding [UTF-8], which matched the input with [15%] confidence - first [8kB] of input was pure ASCII]
[Not NDJSON because an empty object was parsed: [[{"name": "Obj01", "cores": 0},]]
[Not XML because there was a parsing exception: [ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1] Message: Contenu non autorisé dans le prologue.]]
[Not CSV because a line has an unescaped quote that is not at the beginning or end of a field: [[{"name": "Obj01", "cores": 0},]]
[Not TSV because a line has an unescaped quote that is not at the beginning or end of a field: [[{"name": "Obj01", "cores": 0},]]
[Not semicolon delimited values because a line has an unescaped quote that is not at the beginning or end of a field: [[{"name": "Obj01", "cores": 0},]]
[Not vertical line delimited values because a line has an unescaped quote that is not at the beginning or end of a field: [[{"name": "Obj01", "cores": 0},]]
[Deciding sample is text]

My json :

[{"name": "Obj01", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj02", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj03", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj04", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj05", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj06", "cores": 3},
{"name": "Obj07", "cores": 3},
{"name": "Obj08", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj09", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj10", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj11", "cores": 32},
{"name": "Obj12", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj13", "cores": 0},
{"name": "Obj14", "cores": 487},
{"name": "Obj15", "cores": 0}]

I'm really new with Elastic and the json format, I just want to test if I can create a tool with Kibana that display for each object the number of cores. Can someone help me ?

Thank you!

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Have you solved your issue?
Checking real quick on the JSON it doesn't look a valid format, the accepted formats are:

Delimited text files, such as CSV and TSV

Newline-delimited JSON

Log files with a common format for the timestamp

If you want to have one document for each row {"name": "Obj03", "cores": 0} in the provided JSON you have to separate them with a new line without using an array notation (the format is called NDJSON) like:

{"name": "Obj01", "cores": 0}
{"name": "Obj02", "cores": 0}
{"name": "Obj03", "cores": 0}
{"name": "Obj04", "cores": 0}
{"name": "Obj05", "cores": 0}
{"name": "Obj06", "cores": 3}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.