File Data Visualizer... Structure Cannot Be Determined?

Hello all,

I am trying to upload a JSON file, which consists of around 1000 objects and 2MB total size. But for whatever reason, the Data Visualizer is returning the following errors:

File structure cannot be determined
If you know something about this data, such as the file format or timestamp format, adding initial overrides may help us to infer the rest of the structure.
illegal_argument_exception
Explanation so far:
[Using character encoding [UTF-8], which matched the input with [15%] confidence - first [8kB] of input was pure ASCII]
[Not NDJSON because there was a parsing exception: [Unexpected end-of-input: expected close marker for Object (start marker at [Source: (org.elasticsearch.xpack.ml.filestructurefinder.NdJsonFileStructureFinderFactory$ContextPrintingStringReader); line: 1, column: 13]) at [Source: (org.elasticsearch.xpack.ml.filestructurefinder.NdJsonFileStructureFinderFactory$ContextPrintingStringReader); line: 1, column: 14]]]
[Not XML because there was a parsing exception: [ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1] Message: Content is not allowed in prolog.]]
[Not CSV because a line has an unescaped quote that is not at the beginning or end of a field: [{"result" : {]]
[Not TSV because a line has an unescaped quote that is not at the beginning or end of a field: [{"result" : {]]
[Not semicolon delimited values because a line has an unescaped quote that is not at the beginning or end of a field: [{"result" : {]]
[Not vertical line delimited values because a line has an unescaped quote that is not at the beginning or end of a field: [{"result" : {]]
[Deciding sample is text]
[Most likely timestamp format is [UNIX]]

How can I fix this? I didn't have this problem with other similar json files imported to the File Data Visualizer in Kibana. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Can you check you json in a validator? it seems that the importer doesn't think it's valid NDJSON.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.