Filebeat Binary Cannot Be Executed

Running filebeat 6.2.0 on a ubuntu 16.04 VM, however, on starting the service, filebeat crashed, saying that the file /usr/share/filebeat/bin/filebeat cannot be found.

Within /usr/share/filebeat/bin/ both filebeat and filebeat-god are inside. However, executing filebeat(./filebeat) produces the same cannot be found error. I have changed permissions to 777 on filebeat, and I can still cat/vi/strings the file, but it refuses to be recognized on execution.

I installed filebeat with the .deb file only, so I'm unsure if I didnt see a dependancy when I was looking through the 6.2.0 documentation
I'm also using the i386 version of filebeat, as my processor is intel xeon, which I believe falls into that category.

Please show the full logs that you are seeing.

Please remember to also format your code/logs/config using the </> button, or markdown style back ticks. It helps to make things easy to read which helps us help you :slight_smile:

May not be able to get full logs until a later date, as the stack I'm dealing with doesnt have direct internet access.

journalctl -xe just spat out an EXITED line saying that the /usr/share/filebeat/bin/filebeat file cannot be found
And naturally I dont have a /var/log/filebeat log since the program itself never ran

Naturally running "filebeat" in terminal returns similar output, saying the file does not exist

How was filebeat installed - apt repo, deb file, other?

.deb file with dpkg

Maybe fine, was running this over ESXI, probably treats it as if I have a 64 bit architecture. And lacks the 32 on 64 compatibility library, so most likely will work if I try the amd64 deb tomorrow.

Will update this with results, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.