Filebeat configuration issue

Hello All,

Earlier i was using ELK6.2.4 and beat version also were 6.2.4. Today i have upgraded my ELK from 6.2.4 to 6.4.0. Before updating my filebeat i was getting logs on kibana6.4.0.

But i have updated my filebeat also from 6.2.4 to 6.4.0. I am using logstash for output. I am following the below URL:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/filebeat/current/filebeat-installation.html
I have setup the filebeat dashboard also. Please refer the below screenshot:

But at the second part of step 5 i am facing issue:

filebeat setup -e \
  -E output.logstash.enabled=false \
  -E output.elasticsearch.hosts=['localhost:9200'] \
  -E output.elasticsearch.username=filebeat_internal \
  -E output.elasticsearch.password=YOUR_PASSWORD \
  -E setup.kibana.host=localhost:5601

I need to follow above step according to document, but i don't know which username and password i need to use? Also, filebeat and elasticsearch server don't have direct connectivity. I load the index template manually using alternate method.

Can anybody help me to figure out which username and password i need to use here. Because i am not using x-pack for security.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't use X-Pack Security, you don't need user and password to load anything. How did you load dashboards if you cannot run the setup command you pasted here?

If you have templates and dashboards loaded correctly, you don't need to run anything else. Just start Filebeat, and enjoy. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.