Filebeat - GCP Module - No paths were defined for input accessing config

I'm trying to use the GCP module for Filebeat 7.11.2, but when using the following config:

filebeat.modules:
- module: gcp
  audit:
    enabled: true
    var.project_id: project1234
    var.topic: topic1234
    var.subscription_name: topic1234-sub
    var.credentials_file: /usr/share/filebeat/creds.json
    var.keep_original_message: false

...even when explicitly setting path.config in filebeat.yml, I still get an error like the following during startup:

Exiting: Failed to start crawler: starting input failed: Error while initializing input: No paths were defined for input accessing config.

I've checked permissions, ensuring the correct location of the creds file, and ensuring the module is enabled. Any thoughts?

Where are u setting path.config?? Are you setting a log file input somewhere? There was an issue with the gcp.vpcflow in 7.11 where the input defaulted to the log input, [Filebeat] Fix gcp/vpcflow module defaulting to file input by andrewkroh · Pull Request #24719 · elastic/beats · GitHub. Can u post your filebeat config as well?

Thanks! Yeah, I saw that -- that (fixed issue/version update) seems to fix that particular issue :+1:

Now, I am getting the following using var.credentials_file: /usr/share/filebeat/creds.json:

Exiting: Failed to start crawler: starting input failed: Error while initializing input: no authentication credentials were configured or detected (credentials_file, credentials_json, and application default credentials (ADC)) accessing config

...even though I've checked the path (and permissions) for the credentials file, and it is correct. I've tried modifying path.config, etc as well, with no luck. I'll post another discussion topic, since my original issue is resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.