Filebeat messages to hide in Kibana

Current Setup:

sending logs via 40 instances to centralized logstast server. Currently logstash handles all the groks and inserts data to ES.

Requirement looking for:

In our application logs, we have different log_levels. For example i don't want to see DEBUG log level messages in KIBANA. How efficiently can we achieve this; log level is not at the start of the line it. So i'm not sure it can be handled in filebeat (exclude_lines).

Any other suggestion so that i don't show DEBUG logs in kinana.

ELK Stack Version:

elasticsearch-2.1.1,logstash-2.1.1, kibana-4.3.1-linux-x64, and filebeat-1.2.0-1.x86_64

In kibana, DEBUG logs aren't shown by default. Vy default there is logging to stdout. However, you can set the log levels in kibana.yml

logging.silent:     Default: false     Set the value of this setting to true to suppress all logging output.
logging.quiet:      Default: false     Set the value of this setting to true to suppress all logging output other than error messages.
logging.verbose:    Default: false     Set the value of this setting to true to log all events, including system usage information and all requests.

Ref: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/settings.html

Thanks for your quick response.. so we have our Python application logs
which has different log levels..

Using LS grok I'm inserting them into ES.. will try your option in kibana
to hide specific log type and come back..

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.