Filebeat not sending data to Elasticsearch, index_not_found_exception

I am using this guide: How To Build A Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) System with Suricata and the Elastic Stack on Rocky Linux 8 | DigitalOcean

to install Suricata along with ELK stack on a Rocky Linux system.

I am using
Elasticsearch 7.17
Kibana 7.17
Filebeat 7.17
Rocky Linux 8.5

As per the guide, Suricata and Filebeat are installed on one server while Elasticsearch and Kibana are installed on the other server. I am able to load Kibana but the dashboard comes up all empty.

I tried this command

curl <IP>:9200/filebeat-/_refresh -u elastic:password

and I get this error:

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index [filebeat-]","resource.type":"index_or_alias","resource.id":"filebeat-","index_uuid":"_na_","index":"filebeat-"}],"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index [filebeat-]","resource.type":"index_or_alias","resource.id":"filebeat-","index_uuid":"_na_","index":"filebeat-"},"status":404}

I tried running the following command on the ES server

curl --user kibana_system -X GET "http://localhost:9200/_cat/indices"

and got the following result

green  open .geoip_databases                  WB6T5H4yReCdyG6oDZyOvw 1 0   41    0  38.6mb  38.6mb
yellow open filebeat-7.17.0-2022.02.23-000001 DQC2UcW1T36aa7BU39EuMg 1 1    0    0    226b    226b
green  open .kibana_7.17.0_001                fs_zsxQkRdu8x00NWBpDqw 1 0 2187   41     3mb     3mb
green  open .apm-custom-link                  gfwbHKdvQFWfWUz0Ep-wZQ 1 0    0    0    226b    226b
green  open .apm-agent-configuration          Eu8jCSzNR4GIz4IGGop_fg 1 0    0    0    226b    226b

Filebeat.yml: filebeat.yml - Pastebin.com
Elasticsearch.yml: elasticsearch.yml - Pastebin.com
Kibana.yml: kibana.yml - Pastebin.com

I used the keystone method to configure Kibana credentials. Can anyone help what am I missing? Why can't filebeat send data or even locate the indice?

Figured out the issue. I hadn't enabled the Suricata module in Filebeat. Am closing the topic.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.