Filebeat setup issues on PC

Exiting: couldn't connect to any of the configured Elasticsearch hosts. Errors: [error connecting to Elasticsearch at https://myendpoint.ex.com

Hi @bk_elk Welcome to the community.

Just posting an error message does not really help.

What version?

What is your filebeat.yml?

Please format your code with the </> button Select the text then press the button.

The error says, The credentials that were provided to elasticsearch were not correct.

I would go back and check that.

Also, you posted the full URL to your endpoint, which is generally not a good idea, so I edited that out.

Please be careful posting potentially sensitive information.

Hello, Stephen i am new to this Elasticsearch. I am trying to send the application/server logs from the Windows server to the Elasticsearch using filebeat: I am supposed to use cloud.ioa nd cloud.auth. all my creds are good and works fine using it manual login. version is 7.17.16

this is the approach i have:

output.elasticsearch:
cloud.id: "your_cloud_id"
cloud.auth: "your_cloud_auth"

run

.\bin\filebeat.exe test output

Most likely one of those is wrong

Cloud ID is not a URL...

cloud.auth is either

username:password

Or a properly formated API Key...

Which are you using...

I have well formatted API keys for cloud.id and cloud.auth. I verified those both keys are correct. When i ran the cmd you provided i get an error message. FYI! I'm working on Windows machine/server. I am able to install and run the filebeat successfully. The issues comes when i execute: .\filebeat.exe setup -e . This is where I'm kept getting the error. I also verified that i don't have any network issues.

What error message

And sorry command Should be

.\filebeat.exe test output

Always show the command and the output otherwise, we can't help

And what happens when you run

.\filebeat.exe setup -e

And are you following

Yes! I'm following the Elastic official page installation guidelines:
When I ran

.\filebeat.exe test output

Got the error message

ERROR 401 Unauthorized but before errors : parse, connection, TLS is all ok.

And when I ran

.\filebeat.exe setup -e I get this error: Exiting: couldn't connect to any of the configured Elasticsearch hosts.

So that means you are not set up correctly with either the cloud.id or cloud.auth

Exactly How / where did you create the API Key ... there are 2 different places...

Perhaps check here

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.