Filebeat stops if there is any failure in ingest pipeline

Hi ,

I'm using filebeat -->ingest pipeline -->elasticsearch , and i'm using grok processor with set of log patterns under ingest pipeline . If there any log event which is not matching with grok processor patterns then filebeat halts and it will not ship further log events. then i have to manually restart filebeat to ship next log events

note: i'm using on_failure functionality for my pipeline but still the same issue.

Kindly help

There is something weird here. Especially if you are using on_failure which does not generate an HTTP error status.

I moved your question to #beats:filebeat. Could you provide may be more details? How you pipeline has been created, logs from filebeat?...

Can you also share your filebeat config, filebeat version and log output? Filebeat should not halt on error.

Thanks !! its working fine now. I was using 3 filebeat.prospector with log input_type and each was referring to different ingest pipeline. And there was one ingest pipeline which was missing "on_failure"
hence the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.