Filebeat unable to send logs from windows 2008 R2 server

i am using Elasticsearch, logstash and kibana version 5.2.0 and to monitor logs from remote servers, i have installed filebeat in respective servers (windows server 2012) and able to get logs from remote servers.

Since in non production servers, which we use windows OS 2008 R2. Hence i have installed filebeat in one of the 2008 windows 0S servers and we couldn't able to monitor logs.

please suggest.

So the same setup works on Windows 2012 but not on Windows 2008? We officially don't support 2008 as we don't test on it, see https://www.elastic.co/support/matrix

Still I would expect it to work. Could you share your config and log outputs on Windows 2008?

Hi Ruflin,

Yes i accept as per support matrix, beats will not support in Windows 2008.

Also i can see in support matrix as for windows 2008 all the beats 5.x, Binary provided but not supported.

Hence i have installed filebeat, packetbeat, metricbeat and winlogbeat in windows 2008 server and i can see data is transferred from windows 2008 server except for filebeat.

I need to fetch logs from windows 2008 server with filbeat,
Please help what shall i do now.

We need some data from you in order to help.

Initially i was using filebeat version 1.3.1 in windows 2008 server which logs was not monitored,

Where as i uninstalled and installed filebeat version 5.2 and issue seems to be working fine now. I can able to send the logs from windows 2008 filebeat to windows 2012 server.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.