Filebeats ILM permission error

Hello,

Just finished configuring elasticsearch, filebeat and kibana with SSL, xpack security and ILM.

Issue is that after following https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/filebeat/current/feature-roles.html and creating filebeat_admin user:

I have errors when rollover happens:
Index lifecycle error
security_exception: action [indices:admin/settings/update] is unauthorized for user [filebeat_admin]

Which role should give this permission to assign to the user?

anyone?

This is the full error:

[2020-01-13T09:20:06,143][INFO ][o.e.x.i.IndexLifecycleRunner] [elasticsearchp004.[REDACTED]] moving index [filebeat-7.5.1-2020.01.02-000004] from [{"phase":"warm","action":"set_priority","name":"ERROR"}] to [{"phase":"warm","action":"set_priority","name":"set_priority"}] in policy [filebeat-7.5.1]
[2020-01-13T09:20:06,215][ERROR][o.e.x.i.IndexLifecycleRunner] [elasticsearchp004.[REDACTED]] policy [filebeat-7.5.1] for index [filebeat-7.5.1-2020.01.02-000004] failed on step [{"phase":"warm","action":"set_priority","name":"set_priority"}]. Moving to ERROR step

roles.yml:

filebeat_setup:
  cluster:
  - monitor
  - manage_ilm
  - manage_ml
  indices:
  - names: filbeat-*
    privileges:
    - indices:admin/settings/update
    - manage
    - read
  - names: shrink-filbeat-*
    privileges:
    - indices:admin/settings/update
    - manage
    - read
filebeat_writer:
  cluster:
  - monitor
  - read_ilm
  - cluster:admin/ingest/pipeline/get
  indices:
  - names: filebeat-*
    privileges:
    - create_doc
    - view_index_metadata
    - create_index
  - names: shrink-filebeat-*
    privileges:
    - create_doc
    - view_index_metadata
    - create_index

filebeat_admin user have the following roles:

filebeat_setup
filebeat_writer
kibana_user
ingest_admin
beats_admin

Well, there was a typo... I had filbeat-* instead of filebeat-*.

I also had to add the shrink-filebeat-* index privilege as my ILM policy also shrinks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.