Files aren't automatically sent to logstash

Hello,
I have a strange issue. I'm extracting json file from a server and my filebeat is meant to send them to logstash and then Kibana.

Here is the thing: The files sent aren't being taken into account by logstash when added to the directory, I have to modify them (adding a " " or a random character in the file) so that logstash start to process them and send them to kibana. Even stranger, i did a script that add a space at the beginning of all the files in the directory wanted, which, if I do it myself, make them processed by logstash, but here it doesn't. After I check, the spaces are indeed at the beginning of the files.

Here is my filebeat.yml

filebeat.inputs:

# Each - is an input. Most options can be set at the input level, so

- type: log

# Change to true to enable this input configuration.
  enabled: true

# Paths that should be crawled and fetched. Glob based paths.
  paths:
    - /home/test/Documents/PRODUCERS/Data/HC/*.json
    #- c:\programdata\elasticsearch\logs\*

# Exclude lines. A list of regular expressions to match. It drops the lines that are
  # matching any regular expression from the list.
  #exclude_lines: ['^DBG']

# Include lines. A list of regular expressions to match. It exports the lines that are
  # matching any regular expression from the list.
  #include_lines: ['^ERR', '^WARN']

# Exclude files. A list of regular expressions to match. Filebeat drops the files that
  # are matching any regular expression from the list. By default, no files are dropped.
  #exclude_files: ['.gz$']

# Optional additional fields. These fields can be freely picked
  # to add additional information to the crawled log files for filtering
  #fields:
  #  level: debug
  #  review: 1
  document_type: json
  ### Multiline options

# Mutiline can be used for log messages spanning multiple lines. This is common
  # for Java Stack Traces or C-Line Continuation

# The regexp Pattern that has to be matched. The example pattern matches all lines starting with [
  #multiline.pattern: '{"id":'

# Defines if the pattern set under pattern should be negated or not. Default is false.
  multiline.negate: true
  #ignore_older: 5m
  #max_backoff: 1s
 #scan_frequency: 15s
  # Match can be set to "after" or "before". It is used to define if lines should be append to a pattern
  # that was (not) matched before or after or as long as a pattern is not matched based on negate.
  # Note: After is the equivalent to previous and before is the equivalent to to next in Logstash
  multiline.match: before
  #fields_under_root: true
  #close_inactive: 8m
  #clean_inactive: 10m
  #clean_removed: true

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.