Filters contains invalid key: status

We added a new field to the schema of our engine, but not all of the documents have the field yet, which is named "status". When we do the App Search query below, we get the error, "Filters contains invalid key: status". Is this because all of the documents don't have "status" yet or is "status" a keyword and we need to rename the field?

{
  "query": "",
  "page": {
    "current": 1,
    "size": 50
  },
  "sort": [
    {
      "gpa": "desc"
    },
    {
      "risk_number": "asc"
    },
    {
      "name": "asc"
    }
  ],
  "filters": {
    "all": [
      {
        "status": [
          "current"
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

It doesn't matter whether all of your documents have a status field or not, as long as it is part of your schema. That error implies that status is not part of your schema. Double check that it is spelled correctly and that you do, in fact, have a "status" field available in your schema.

@JasonStoltz thanks for the response. When I got to " Manage Engine Schema" in App Search, it definitely shows "status". I even copied and pasted the field to the filter to make sure I didn't have a typo. It's still the same error. Is there somewhere else I should check?

I don't know why, but it's working now. Maybe something just had not fully indexed? We've had the field for a while.