Find/Intercept query from visualization plugin

(David) #1

Hi all,

I am learning a little bit about Kibana 5.x and as an exercise I am creating some visualizations. To the date I have had some success playing with filters and aggregations, and now I am trying to make an 'inspector' visualization which does something like the spy_mode.

I have created a new 'spy' to intercept the request and response, and it works fine except for the fact that it runs only when the spy panel is shown.

So my question is: how can a visualization plugin obtain the request object? Is there any 'event' I can watch to, or an UI module that I can use to get it?

Thank you very much for your help and the amazing Kibana!

(Marius Dragomir) #2

I think searchSource should be available on scope, which holds all that info (request, response, ... ). You can try looking there and see if it helps you.

(David) #3

Hi Marius,

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I am not able to find any searchSource in the visualization scope.

I'll investigate on that in the core plugins. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David

(Marius Dragomir) #4

Could you try in $scope.$parent.savedSearch then? Should be somewhere around here.
Otherwise, check the existing spy modes core_plugins/spy_modes

(David) #5

No luck :frowning:

I can't find a reference to the searchSource anywhere in a basic visualization plugin. I guess it can be injected somehow.

I'll keep investigating, if I find it I will post it here for future reference, it seems that this is a quite recurrent question.

Cheers,

David

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.