Fscrawler and elasticsearch 8

Hey!

I am using Elasticsearch 8 on a local server and fscrawler. Fscrawler logs the following error at the moment of startup:

WARN  [f.p.e.c.f.c.ElasticsearchClient] failed to create index [dbrc], disabling crawler...
13:12:43,655 FATAL [f.p.e.c.f.c.FsCrawlerCli] We can not start Elasticsearch Client. Exiting.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Mapping file _settings.json does not exist for elasticsearch version 8 in [/root/.fscrawler/_default] dir

I guess that this is an error due to incompatibility with Elasticsearch 8, but just to confirm: should I revert to Elasticsearch 7? I am using fscrawler 2.10 snapshot.

Thanks and kind regards!
E.

FSCrawler does not support yet elastic 8.
But the good news is that I started today working on it.
Not ready yet though.

Stay tuned :wink:

In the meantime, you could try to create a dir named 8 and copy the same files that you find in dir 7.

You will need to change the mapping and change dateOptionalTime to date_optional_time.

Not sure if this will work though.

Ok! Thanks for the confirmation and thanks for making fscrawler publicly accessible! Greatly appreciated.

Will try to give it a spin, otherwise I revert back to es7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.