Gelf parsing failing

I get the following message in logstash for all of my gelf logging: message=>"Gelfd failed to parse a message skipping", :exception=>#<Gelfd::TooManyChunksError: 130 greater than 128>, :backtrace=>["/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/gelfd-0.2.0/l
ib/gelfd/chunked_parser.rb:40:in parse_chunk'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/gelfd-0.2.0/lib/gelfd/chunked_parser.rb:8:inparse'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/gelfd-0.2.0/lib/gelfd/parser.rb:10:in parse '", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-gelf-2.0.2/lib/logstash/inputs/gelf.rb:90:inudp_listener'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-gelf-2.0.2/lib/logstash/inputs/gelf.rb:63:in run'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.3-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:342:ininputworker'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.3-java/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:336:in `start_input'"],
:level=>:warn}

This error was received with logstash-input-gelf 2.0.2 and 2.0.7 / logstash 2.3.3

I've tried to update my logstash-input-gelf plugin to perhaps resolve the problem and received the following:
/opt/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin update logstash-input-gelf
You are updating logstash-input-gelf to a new version 3.0.1, which may not be compatible with 2.0.7. are you sure you want to proceed (Y/N)?
Y
Updating logstash-input-gelf
No plugin updated

I seem to be stuck on plugin version 2.0.7. I'm not sure if 3.0.1 would fix my message parsing problem anyways, but what would be causing this inability to upgrade to 3.0.1. Is there a debug option for plugin update?

These gelf logs didn't have a problem with logstash 2.2.2 and logstash-input-gelf 2.0.2