Get 'unique' results when uniqueness is defined by a different element

I have results from test runs, every run has a testrun_uuid, and every run creates 100s of result sets.
I want to create a pie chart of results in a field (which is metadata about the test run and he same in every result set from a specific run), but want one count per testrun (ie using the test_uuid to determine uniqueness of record)
How should I go about this please... ?

Hi Paul,

I'm not quite clear on what you're asking. Are each of your result sets a pass or fail of a test? And you're trying to get the count of pass or fail for each test run? Maybe you could show a mock-up of the important fields of a few documents?

Regards,
Lee

thanks for the reply. here are some sample documents..

{
"testrun_uuid": "eea579b6-1512-45c2-ac36-18ccc14ef730",
"type": "success",
"name": "test_02_edit_service_offering",
"time": 0.07197904586791992,
"base_cloudstack_version": "4.9",
"marvin_hypervisor": "vmware",
"hypervisor_version": "5.5",
"testrun_date": "Thu Dec 7 05:01:24 UTC 2017",
}

{
"testrun_uuid": "eea579b6-1512-45c2-ac36-18ccc14ef730",
"type": "success",
"name": "test_09_delete_detached_volume",
"time": 25.823681116104126,
"base_cloudstack_version": "4.9",
"marvin_hypervisor": "vmware",
"hypervisor_version": "5.5",
"testrun_date": "Thu Dec 7 05:01:24 UTC 2017"
}

I would have hundreds of these documents per test run.

These two documents refer to the same test run (they have the same testrun_uuid)
I want to be able to do things like:

• show how many failures in each test run. for different hypervisors
  • show coverage of hypervisor testing over last month (with each test run being a count of 1, rather than 100's)

many thanks

Paul Angus

There's a lot of possibilities for looking at that data. One example would be to create a new Visualization using a Data Table.
In this example I first did a Terms aggregation on clientip, but you would pick either testrun_uuid or marvin_hypervisor.
And then I did a Filter aggregation with response:200 and response:404, but you would use type:success and type:failure.
Then in the results you would see each testrun_uuid (or marvin_hypervisor) with the pass and fail counts.

Another way to get almost the same thing, is to split with a Terms aggregation on both fields like below. In this case I might see other response codes that I hadn't included in the filters above. But I also don't see the count where it's zero.

And you can do the same thing in a pie chart;

As you create visualizations that are useful, save them, and then add them to a dashboard.

Regards,
Lee

Thanks for the effort that you’re putting in here.
Let me ask this a different way, if I wanted to know how many test runs I had done (ie how many unique uuids are there) – how would I get to that?

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

VP Technology
paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com

Sorry for the dealy. Holidays and all that.

It's easy to create a new Metric visualization and change the default Count metric to Unique Count and then select the field that you want the unique count of (like test run id).

Regards,
Lee

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.