Get visualizations and options schema

Hi, guys!

Is there a way to export all types of possible visualizations and their parameters in some format?
The goal is to get something like this:
[{
"type": "markdown",
"options": {
"text": { "type":"string", "required":True, "default":"" },
"openLinksInNewTab": { "type": "boolean", "default": False },
"fontSize": { "type": "integer", "min":1, "default": 12 }
},
"metrics": // Possible metrics type
"groups": // Possible groups type
"segments": // Possible segments type
"buckets": // Possible buckets type
},{
"type":"pie",
"options":{
"isDonut": {"type":"boolean","default":True},
"addTooltip": {"type":"boolean","default":True},
"addLegend": {"type":"boolean","default":True},
"addTimeMarker": {"type":"boolean","default":False},
"showLabels": {"type":"boolean","default":False},
"legendPosition": {"type":"string","allowed":["left","right","bottom","top"],"default":"right"}
},
"metrics": // Possible metrics type
"groups": // Possible groups type
"segments": // Possible segments type
"buckets": // Possible buckets type
},
.... and same for all VisTypes
]

I've tried to find schema in Kibana' source code, but have no success. I'll be glad to any way of generating this list, custom server script / browser script
Thanks

If you click the little arrow at the bottom of most visualizations you see a Request button. If you click that you can see the query that the visualization uses to get the data. So you could use that directly with Elasticsearch.

And there's links below that to export Raw or Formatted csv data (I think Formatted only changes unix date longs into Date strings).
Is that the data you want to get via API? I don't know if a documented way to do that, but maybe there is a way. Let us know if this solution works for you or not ...

Cheers
Rashmi

Thanks for the answer! Checked, that's not exactly what I would like to get (
I would like to generate list of all possible visualizations and their possible settings ( metrics, buckets ... ) .

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.