Getting error after injecting gcs credentials in elasticsearch

I am deploying ECK : 1.3.0 and elasticsearch version 7.9.0 in GKE. When I tried to inject secret called gcs-crdentials, elasticsearch nodes were getting restarted, but on crashloop back state.

secureSettings:
   - secretName: gcs-credentials

Below were the logs that I am getting

Caused by: java.io.UncheckedIOException: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Illegal unquoted character ((CTRL-CHAR, code 10)): has to be escaped using backslash to be included in string value",
" at [Source: (ByteArrayInputStream); line: 5, column: 47]"

Can anyone please help me why I am getting this error.

Did anyone has any idea?

Please be patient in waiting for responses to your question and refrain from pinging multiple times asking for a response or opening multiple topics for the same question. This is a community forum, it may take time for someone to reply to your question. For more information please refer to the Community Code of Conduct specifically the section "Be patient". Also, please refrain from pinging folks directly, this is a forum and anyone that participates might be able to assist you.

If you are in need of a service with an SLA that covers response times for questions then you may want to consider talking to us about a subscription.

It's fine to answer on your own thread after 2 or 3 days (not including weekends) if you don't have an answer.

Okay. I will follow it. Sorry for the inconvience. But I didn't open multiple topics nor pinged anyone directly. Anyway thanks.

Hi,
This could be related to a malformed gcs-credentials JSON.
Please refer to this ECK documentation page where there's an example of the gcs-credentials JSON and how to create the secret. Also make sure that the JSON is valid.

If you are still experiencing that error, please provide more details (the full stack trace, how you create the secret, its contents w/o the actual keys etc.)

Thanks @idanmo , I have given the corrupted credentials. It helps.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.