GO Build wmibeat error throwing me for a loop

(TonyO) #1

So i have invested many an hour trying to build eskibars wmibeat. After resolving many error messages, I thought I was finally on my way to actually building the .exe only to be stumped on this message:

c:\Users\haywood\go\src\wmibeat\beater>go build # wmibeat/beater.\wmibeat.go:177: cannot use event (type "github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/common".MapStr) as type "github.com/elastic/l
ibbeat/common".MapStr in argument to b.Events.PublishEvent

Scouring the net does not provide any useful direction, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

(Andrew Kroh) #2

Since the project doesn't have its dependencies self-contained in a vendor/ dir, you don't know exactly what dependency versions it requires. So given that the last commit was about a year ago I think you should try using a version of libbeat from about around that time. So go into $GOPATH/src/github.com/elastic/beats and do a git checkout of an earlier version from around that time and try building.

It would be nice to migrate the wmibeat into the Metricbeat windows module.

(Jeff Davis) #3

+1 for adding wmibeat functionality to the Windows module.

(TonyO) #4

Andrew,
Thank you for your reply. I ended up throwing in the towel and just d/l'ed a compiled .exe and .yml file. I do have to say this beat is rather nifty as it provides me with additional counters for our Exchange and MSSQL teams.

I too would like to see this added into Metricbeat module as well!