GO Build wmibeat error throwing me for a loop

So i have invested many an hour trying to build eskibars wmibeat. After resolving many error messages, I thought I was finally on my way to actually building the .exe only to be stumped on this message:

c:\Users\haywood\go\src\wmibeat\beater>go build # wmibeat/beater.\wmibeat.go:177: cannot use event (type "github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/common".MapStr) as type "github.com/elastic/l
ibbeat/common".MapStr in argument to b.Events.PublishEvent

Scouring the net does not provide any useful direction, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Since the project doesn't have its dependencies self-contained in a vendor/ dir, you don't know exactly what dependency versions it requires. So given that the last commit was about a year ago I think you should try using a version of libbeat from about around that time. So go into $GOPATH/src/github.com/elastic/beats and do a git checkout of an earlier version from around that time and try building.

It would be nice to migrate the wmibeat into the Metricbeat windows module.

+1 for adding wmibeat functionality to the Windows module.

Andrew,
Thank you for your reply. I ended up throwing in the towel and just d/l'ed a compiled .exe and .yml file. I do have to say this beat is rather nifty as it provides me with additional counters for our Exchange and MSSQL teams.

I too would like to see this added into Metricbeat module as well!