Got stuck in Kibana Saved object migration

Hi Team

Got stuck in Kibana Saved object migration error. Getting following error while starting Kibana insance:

log [15:32:53.967] [info][savedobjects-service] Waiting until all Elasticsearch nodes are compatible with Kibana before starting saved objects migrations...
log [15:32:54.019] [info][savedobjects-service] Starting saved objects migrations
log [15:32:54.090] [info][savedobjects-service] Creating index .kibana_1.
log [15:32:54.130] [info][savedobjects-service] Creating index .kibana_task_manager_1.
Could not create APM Agent configuration: Request Timeout after 30000ms
log [15:33:24.093] [warning][savedobjects-service] Unable to connect to Elasticsearch. Error: Request Timeout after 30000ms
log [15:33:26.626] [warning][savedobjects-service] Unable to connect to Elasticsearch. Error: [resource_already_exists_exception] index [.kibana_1/1U6DffywRnOKEs1Lu57tmA] already exists, with { index_uuid="1U6DffywRnOKEs1Lu57tmA" & index=".kibana_1" }
log [15:33:26.629] [warning][savedobjects-service] Another Kibana instance appears to be migrating the index. Waiting for that migration to complete. If no other Kibana instance is attempting migrations, you can get past this message by deleting index .kibana_1 and restarting Kibana.
log [15:33:26.648] [warning][savedobjects-service] Unable to connect to Elasticsearch. Error: [resource_already_exists_exception] index [.kibana_task_manager_1/4f4ZegDET9GEShp_c1f3uA] already exists, with { index_uuid="4f4ZegDET9GEShp_c1f3uA" & index=".kibana_task_manager_1" }
log [15:33:26.656] [warning][savedobjects-service] Another Kibana instance appears to be migrating the index. Waiting for that migration to complete. If no other Kibana instance is attempting migrations, you can get past this message by deleting index .kibana_task_manager_1 and restarting Kibana.

Even if I remove .kibana_1 and .kibana_task_manager_1 and restart Kibana, error remains same. Actually Kibana itself first creates these 2 indices on startup and then immediately showing that these 2 indices are already exist and throws above error.

I am using docker based elasticsearch cluster with example docker-compose.yml on this documentation.
Due to this, I am not able to start Kiabana instance. Please suggest solution to this.

Regards

Hi @maadhav! Sounds like you're trying to upgrade your version of Kibana. Is that right? What versions are you going from and to?

You might be able to find an answer to your question in our troubleshooting guide: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/upgrade-migrations.html

Hi myasonik

Thanks for the reply. I tried to update Kibana 7.6.2 to 7.7.0. and then I moved back to 7.6.2.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.