I am trying to start beat services (filebeat, metricbeat, heartbeat, winlogbeat, auditbeat) using a GPO but I don't know why,it's not working.
In Group Policy Management, under "Computer Configuration" I did the following:
Preferences -> Control Panel Settings -> Services
- I create one service rule for each Beat. The service name is exactly the same as configured in the other machines (auditbeat, filebeat, heartbeat, metricbeat, winlogbeat). I check it twice.
- At "service action", I defined as "start service".
- At "Startup", I defined as "automatic"
- At "log on as:" I let "No change", but I tried using "Local system account" too, and didn't work.
- All the other options I defined as "No change".
When a machine starts, the GPO is executed (checked with gpresult), but the service don't start automatically.
If I go to the machine services, and try to start the services manually, it works correctly.
Does anyone have any idea of what could be happing?
I had other similar GPO created to start other services (not beats) and all of them work fine.
Thanks in advance for the help!