GROK Pattern

I try to parse data from ELK to Kibana using logstash. I write some customize grok Pattern using this site https://grokdebug.herokuapp.com/ here the pattern is fine in but when i parse the data from logstash some data is parse correct some data have issue. for example

here its all good but when i parse the data it shows only PN Dockyard in the result. Same if i use three different words it does not parse any help. For its working fine on PN Dockyard using this (?\b\w+\b \b\w+\b) but when i parse the data with PN Dockyard Branch result will only show PN Dockyard Branch its not showing. Any Help would be appreciated

this is the result in the location instead of PN Dockyard Branch it returns only PN Dockyard

If you run

input { generator { count => 1 lines => [ 'PN Dockyard Branch' ] } }
filter {
    grok { match => { "message" => [ "(?<Location>\b\w+\b \b\w+\b \b\w+\b)" ] } }
}
output  { stdout { codec => rubydebug { metadata => false } } }

you will get

"Location" => "PN Dockyard Branch",

If you change the grok to

grok { match => { "message" => [ "(?<Location>\b\w+\b \b\w+\b)" ] } }

you will get

"Location" => "PN Dockyard",

What else would you expect?

@Badger thanks for the reply. I will check and revert you back. Actually i have 2 million of data and location is coming like PN Dockyard Branch, AIOU Branch, Main Bazar Shahi Sukkur, Tehsil and district badin branch how would i capture all these in one configuration file

I am using mysql server and made connectivity to the elk stack for this. So the data is parse through my sql server.

It would be essential to know the full string to find out what separates the location from the rest of the text.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.