GrokDebugger: [security_exception] action [cluster:admin/ingest/pipeline/simulate] is unauthorized for user [kibana]

I have work with kibana + ElasticSearch + Logstash very well! but when I try to install x-pack , I want to run GrokDebug to work! I got this error! I didn't find any configuration docs from official website! anyone help?

It looks like you are signed in to Kibana using the kibana user. This is a built-in user that is actually intended for internal use by the Kibana server. You most likely want to sign in with a different user, one that you have explicitly created yourself.

When you create this new user, make sure to assign it a role that has the manage_ingest_pipelines cluster privilege. Additionally, this new user should also have the built-in kibana_user role assigned to it as well.

Hey! Thank you for your reply, I have try many way to create my own user, but always failure! I have follow this tutorial Setting User and this Native realm. I try to create my own account, but got a error like

landpacks-MacBook-Pro:bg2manager frank$ curl -XPOST 'localhost:9200/_xpack/security/user/frank?pretty' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
"password" : "openos",
"roles" : [ "admin"],
"full_name" : "Frank AK",
"email" : "landpassing@gmail.com",
"metadata" : {
"intelligence" : 7
}
}
'
{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"type" : "security_exception",
"reason" : "missing authentication token for REST request [/_xpack/security/user/frank?pretty]",
"header" : {
"WWW-Authenticate" : "Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""
}
}
],
"type" : "security_exception",
"reason" : "missing authentication token for REST request [/_xpack/security/user/frank?pretty]",
"header" : {
"WWW-Authenticate" : "Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""
}
},
"status" : 401
}

Can you point me how to create a account on version 6.x ELK? Why there are so many way to create a account! Is there default superuser like mysql?

Yes, you might want to start here: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/x-pack/current/security-getting-started.html

1 Like

I have create a new user by x-pack/users adduser my-admin ... and then configuration the kibana with my new user! it's work now! Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.