GUID is not a configured index pattern ID Showing the default index pattern

I am new to ELK, and I have just spun up the containers including Filebeat via Docker Compose to read some dummy logs from a file (see https://github.com/moryachok/elasticstack-lab).

When I go to the Discovery tab in Kibana (Firefox for Mac) after creating an index pattern, I get a notification pop up:

"cba24e50-4422-11ea-87a6-196047a921ba" is not a configured index pattern ID
Showing the default index pattern: "sample-*" (7ce7e210-442d-11ea-b280-431f48906f3f)

Though all seems to be working, I was wondering why this is happening?

Funnily enough I have someone who did the same process on a Linux machine and didn't get the warning. Is this some browser caching issue?

Hi @daz1761, welcome to the community!

Did you made it to the discovery page through an external link? It's possible that the ID you mention is present in the URL (look for index:cba24e50-4422-... in there) and that's why you are getting the notification.

If you open the discovery page from the sidebar, do you get the same notification?

Hi @afgomez yes I've been opening the Discovery from the side bar after a new install (i.e. spinning up all the containers and creating the index pattern) and I get the notification every time.

Yes I've heard that people have had this issue with "bookmarked" pages but I am not doing that so thought I would mention it. Maybe its Firefox doing some form of caching perhaps

Maybe its Firefox doing some form of caching perhaps

Does it happens with other browsers in your machine?

If not, maybe something went wrong when creating the index pattern. Try deleting it and creating it again and see if that fixes it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.