Heartbeat - Synthetics/Browser Monitor get TLS Certificate Information

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to get the Synthetic/Browser monitor of Heartbeat to collect the TLS Certificate information against the initial URL.

Currently, when setting up a Browser monitor, I also need to setup a separate monitor just to collect the TLS Certificate information of the initial URL that the browser monitor checks. I didn't see any option to allow for this collection, so was wondering if this is currently possible? If not possible, is thing something that would be considered for a feature request or is the intent to always have a separate monitor for TLS Certificate collection.

It's something we'd like to do. In fact, we do collect a lot of that info, but we are missing the sha256 hash of it, which is what we use to drive the certificates page (the chrome devtools api doesn't provide it, irritatingly). You can actually query for it directly using the kibana discover tool for now, you'll find most of the tls.* fields filled for synthetics monitors.

We do have an issue tracking this here: https://github.com/elastic/beats/issues/22326 , and we hope to get to it sometime in the medium term.

@Andrew_Cholakian1 thanks for the information, I must've missed the issue when I was checking on the GitHub end.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.