Help figureing out the thread pool distribution

Hello,

I have 15 node cluster, 3 masters, 2 queries and 10 data nodes. At the moment, I am running into some ingestion issues by this application, while other indices are ok. I have been playing with the index.queueSize and it has gone up to 4500, at which point I have no index rejections but queue remains pretty high, and only spread among two data nodes. Is there a way to tell ES to spread index.queue distribution among all 10 data nodes? Hopefully, I was able to explain it right. At this screen capture it's distributed to 4 nodes looks like

Which nodes have the high count, the clients?

Data nodes

Are you sending indexing requests to the client nodes or to the data nodes?

In this particular case, it's java clients that are sending requests to data nodes.

Then you probably need to check that the clients have load balancing setup correctly.

Is there a best practices guide in load balancing the data nodes from the client? Also, they call some groovy stuff also. I know that groovy isn't recommended by Elastic. Is there anything else other than groovy that can be recommended?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.