Help regarding hardware requirements

I have a few queries regarding hardware requirements for elasticsearch in production. First i would like to give some information about my data :-

• The data will contain around 5000 to 7000 documents.
  • Size of total data in elasticsearch server can take upto 100mb of space.
  • Data is mostly structured, free text search is not an important use-case for me.
I want some suggestions for hardware requirements for this much data :-
  • How much amount of RAM on server is recommended for fast advanced search. (minimum ram with not much reduction in performance)
  • How many minimum number of nodes are recommended without compromising with reliability.

Hi, just qurious, are you planning to run ES on VMs or bare metal?

And how many users/queries do you think there will be at any given time?

My test cluster is running 3 nodes on VMs with 16GB RAM, 4 CPUs and 40GB of vDISK. Getting close to 3,5M documents and 4GB disk usage. Everything is working quite smoothly.

If it's for production I would definitely go with at least 3 nodes for high availability.

1 Like

@A_B I am planning to run it on VMs.At a time, there can be at max 500 active users. Also data is not so huge as i mentioned earlier. Your data seems big enough. So what will you recommend hardware requirements for me?
    Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.