Hiding and disabling routes like management,visualize and discover based on some condition from a plugin in kibana 6.2

Hi Team,

If possible please let me know how to hide and disable some of the left app routes like management,visualize and discover based on some condition from my plugin, for getting the condition I have already made an endpoint in my server.js file which returns me which user is logged in, please help.

I am using kibana 6.2 in windows os.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming that you're trying to restrict usage to more read friendly routes. Have you checked out "Dashboard only" mode? It's a setting you can apply to specific roles under management. That will keep users out of anything but dashboards.

Hi dsnider,

Many thanks for your prompt reply here, I tried finding "Dashboard only" mode under management but was not able to.

under which category do it falls also I am not using x-pack instead my own custom login page and switching users there from a custom made json file, so will it work there?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.