High availability

I was wondering if there is a way to have a heartbeat cluster? How can one have HA heratbeat? Is this even possible with heartbeat 7.x?

We'd love to hear more about your use case.

Heartbeat does support running in multiple locations. You could run multiple heartbeats and tag them as different locations (e.g. us-west-heartbeat-1 and us-west-heartbeat-2).

Alternatively, many users let Kubernetes ensure that at least one heartbeat instance is running at all times. Since heartbeat scales so well it is rare for users to require more than one box.

If either of these options don't work for you we'd love to hear about what you would like!

We are using heartbeat to do tcp checks. But we have an HA system with multiple hosts. So if I put heartbeat on only 1 host, and that host goes down, I will loose heartbeat data. If I put it on 2 hosts, I get duplicate data. I wish there were a clustering mechanism available for HA heartbeat. The heartbeat on our system is living outside of our k8s cluster on the host itself.

This topic was automatically closed 24 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.