Hi I'm Kartheek Gummaluri working in a startup which is located in India.I'm a DevOps Engineer for Elasticsearch from July 2015.I need to change my job.Can anyone guide me what are the career opportunities in india.
I always judge the viability of career opportunities based on how popular a technology is becoming.
Elasticsearch is starting to be used by many different commercial applications. For example:
- Redhat, Satelite server uses Elasticsearch on the backend
- IBM Sterling Order Management System, Uses Elasticsearch for it Search Product datbase
- Nagios Logging usues it. and I could list probably 20 main stream open source projects using it
- AWS has it implemented so, they would not do it if they did not think it had a future.
- Plus there are a number of Startups implementing their only Cloud Solution or SAS
Now unfortunately I am not in india and can not advise on your local opportunities
What I can say, is that knowing Elasticsearch alone will not provide you a lot of options. It needs to be paired with something
- website display/searching
- Log Searching
- Real time data like stock data/financial
- and so on.
This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.