How can I build verticalBar chart based on some custom calculation

Hi,
I have created a VerticalBar chart in Kibana. I used the Metrics and Buckets option to choose the index and terms.

Say,

totalValue is an index with values [available/offline/suspended]
errorValue is an index with values [401/403/500]

I want my bars to be calculated on certain formula.
e.g.
((total available count of totalValue) - (total 401 count of errorValue) - (total 500 count of errorValue)) / ((total available count of totalValue) - (total 401 count of errorValue)) * 100

Is it possible to build in kibana?

Thank you.

You can do this using a TSVB vertical bar chart with a Filter Ratio.

To use Lens, you can use two filters aggregations like in this tutorial. In the Vertical Bar chart you're using, you would also have to use 2 filter buckets.

We have also nearly finished work on a Lens Formula feature that will solve this problem, it might be released in Kibana, 7.14 or 7.15 depending on how testing goes.

Thanks Wylie.

I am going with the TSVB option by following the initial steps mentioned in Filter ratio in TSVB.

I am trying to perform a sum operation on one of the fields but I do not see that field as an option. I used python to create mapping and later dumping the data using the API.

"mappings": {
            "properties": {
                "timestamp": {
                    "type": "date"
                },
                "status": {
                    "type": "text",
                    "fields": {
                        "raw": {
                            "type": "keyword"
                        }
                    }
                },
                "service": {
                    "type": "text",
                    "fields": {
                        "raw": {
                            "type": "keyword"
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }

I can only see epoch_time in the dropdown. Is it because that's the only integer field? How would I make a sum aggregation on a string field like 'service'. Is my mapping correct?

Hi,
I added a scripted field as integer which I can see in discovery tab.
Now when I goto visualization -> TSVB and select my index, under data -> Aggregation-> Sum , I don't see the scripted field option there. I want to add a sum field on scripted field and do a bucket aggregation to find the percentage.
How can I get the scripted field there?

TSVB does not allow you to take the sum of a scripted field, although you can use these scripted fields with KQL. Starting in 7.13.0 TSVB does support ES runtime fields and Kibana runtime fields.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.