How can I get the wkB/s reported by iostat

I am using elastic integrations to collect disk statistics

https://docs.elastic.co/en/integrations/system#disk-io

I would like to plot amount of data read and written (rkB/s , wkB/s ) but I am running into some issues. When collecting system metrics with elastic agent..

system.diskio.write.bytes: The total number of bytes written successfully. On Linux this is the number of sectors written multiplied by an assumed sector size of 512.

When I monitor my system through the terminal this number only makes sense if a divide it by the report interval. So I assume its a counter that is reset at every interval. I would like to understand if this is the case and how I can graph it to derive the metrics. With lens, it is not immediately clear how to proceed.

With the beta linux integration, I get per-disk IO statistics which has my metric, but it is including all loop devices, which I do not want. So, I am trying to figure out a way to get the iostat data relevant to the disks I want to monitor.

With either approach is there documentation or a tutorial that can point me in the right direction? Its not intuitive to me how to proceed

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.