How can I use standard SQL on text fields of elastic without using the specials SQL elasticSearch operators?

I would like to create SQL query on some text field (not keyword) for example "name" field and send that query to elastic server.

my problem is that I need to use the standard SQL language (not the MATCH and QUERY operators which are specials for elastic SQL) of text fields.

when I tried to use JDBC driver or when I tried to use high-level-java-client with "LIKE" operator I got the following error

"No keyword/multi-field defined exact matches for [name]; define one or use MATCH/QUERY instead"

I also tried to use the translate API of Elasticsearch- but even there I couldn't use the "LIKE" operator on text fields only on keyword fields.

does anyone have any solution for me? I want to use the LIKE operator on text fields instead of the full text operators which are unique to elastic sql.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.