HOW CAN WE DO FREE AUTHENTICATION AND AUTHORIZATION FOR KIBANA DASHBOARDS AND ELASTIC SEARCH

HOW CAN WE DO FREE AUTHENTICATION AND AUTHORIZATION FOR KIBANA DASHBOARDS AND ELASTIC SEARCH FOR FREE OF COST.IS IT POSSIBLE IN LOCAL HOST.IF POSSIBLE HOW CAN WE DO.

Hi there's a few options. The easiest is to start your trial license in Kibana. Beyond that, search guard is commonly used but not created/supported by Elastic. I haven't had a chance to use it so sure if it will meet your needs.

Last but probably involves the most work a reverse proxy with basic auth.

Prudhvi,
it is either X-pack or searchguard or some other tool. Most you have to pay.
I tested X-pack trail and it is very easy to setup, will cost you some $ per node
Searchguard is also tested, but little difficult to setup, it is cheaper. they will help you setup if you like.

if not then use grafana which has AD authentication free. But that means you won't be able to use kibana.

also you can use proxy ( I don't know how it works) but that means everything goes via that server. you have to search on it more.

using the trial license in kibana, can we provide authentication and authorization to kibana dashboards and elastic search for free in trail period.

using the trial license in kibana, can we provide authentication and authorization to kibana dashboards and elastic search for free in trail period ?

Yes.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.