How do I create my own Index name?

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me on creating new Index name isntead of logstash-* or filebeat-*

Something like hashes-*.

I think I need to create my new mapping and then post it on elasticsearch? The thing happening here is since I already have logstash-* indices running creating new index name by creating fields in existing logstash indices.

Please help!!

What are you using to send the data to Elasticsearch?

Its logstash.

May be I am wrong but I tried copying existing template from APImodifying it and trying to put using CURL but that is not happening. I am not so versed with MAPPING templates hence wanted to know what method I can follow to create my in index name so that fields won't get entangled in other indices.

You need to have it defined in your output section to Elasticsearch. Can you show us what you have there?

its simple

input {

file {
path => "/opt/HASH/finalHash"
start_position => "beginning"
sincedb_path => "/dev/null"
}
}
filter {
csv {
separator => ","
columns => ["hash","sev","stat","attack","type"]
}

}
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => "http://xx.xx.xx.xx:9200"
index => "hashes-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
}
}

That will work. It will only apply the default-dynamic mapping though.
If you want to use the same type of mapping that the logstash-* indices use, then you will need to copy the existing template and change it to match the new index pattern.

Also, please format your code/logs/config using the </> button, or markdown style back ticks. It helps to make things easy to read which helps us help you :slight_smile:

Yep but I do have other indices running which is logstash-isnti-; now when I run logstash the fields from hashes- indices getting mingled in logstash-isnti-* indices.

I need to keep those completely separate and this is not happening.

Hi Team,

Unfortunately this is not happening; since my data is being ingested by logstash the fields created by either of the indices are gettign appeared in both of the Indices.

Here is what I did -

Logstash is creating indices by name
isnti- [has fields "IOC","attack","Severity"]
and hash-* [has fields "hash","attack","Severity"]

Now Hash field is appearing in isnti indices as well and vice-versa. How to make them completely isolated?

more 01.conf
  file {
    path => "/opt/output/*.out"
  }
}
filter {
  csv {
      separator => ","
     columns => ["IOC","attack","Severity"]
  }
grok {
    match => { "IOC" => "%{IP:IPaddr}" }
}

geoip {
    source => "IPaddr"
    remove_field => "IPaddr"
        }

}
output {
   elasticsearch {
     hosts => "http://localhost:9200"
     index => "isnti-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
  }
}
`
    `input {
  file {
    path => "/opt/output/*.hashes"
  }
}
filter {
  csv {
      separator => ","
     columns => ["hash","attack","Severity"]
  }
}
output {
   elasticsearch {
     hosts => "http://localhost:9200"
     index => "hash-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
  }
}
`

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.