How do I persist colors of buckets in a bar chart visualization

I have a bar chart that lists the number of logs per system (main bucket), with a sub bucket on log type (Error, Info, Warn).

When displayed on a dashboard, the colors associated with the log type sub bucket are chosen at random. Is there a way to set default colors in a way that persists everytime the visualization is opened? I'd like Error to be red, Warn to be yellow, Info to be green.

I see an option visualization to set the colors of the sub buckets to what I want, but I can't seem to find a way to get that selection to persist.

I see an option visualization to set the colors of the sub buckets to what I want, but I can't seem to find a way to get that selection to persist.

Are you selecting them here?

I just tried it in the master branch of Kibana and they're persisting for me. If that's not working for you, can you check the visualization in the "Saved Objects" section of Kibana's Management app? For the visualization you should see a section called uiStateJSON that looks like this:

42%20PM

It's persisting now. I don't know for sure why I had an issue, but I highly suspect that when I clicked "Save" on the top right of the visualization, I had assumed it saved, and didn't notice the "Save Visualization" menu open up with another Save button on the left.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.