How many numbers of record maximum get in ES 1.7.2

Hello there,
I am new in Elastic Search and install and configured 1.7.2 last month using Rest in .net C#. Now I upgrade in 5.6.3.
But while fetching records it shows some error of record limit.
If I change query in size, It will gives output up to 10000 but more than that it give error
So can anyone know

1. Elastic Search 1.7.2 how many numbers of maximum record you get?
  2. Elastic Search 5.6.3 how many numbers of maximum record you get?

If you need to extract all documents on the client side, then use the scroll API. It's built for that.

Getting 10000 records to display on a page or getting the 9990 page of 10 records does not really make sense.

Thank you @dadoonet for replying but I used that in coding side. I want to get all record in just one query. So do you have any idea on that.

Yes. Scroll API is the way to go.

Is there any other way except API?

No. You must use scroll if you want to extract tons of records to process them elsewhere.

What is the problem you are trying to solve here?

This is my query in .net C# MVC using NEST.
var response = ConnectionToES.EsClient().Search(s => s
.From(0)
.Size(10000)
.Index("ElasticSearch")
.Type("ESProductTable")
.Query(q =>
q.Term(t => t.ProductId, dr["ProductId"].ToString())
)
);
So, Its work properly in 1.7.2 version, recently I upgrade to 5.6.3. Now the query throwing error while executing in "Size". I have to find Id from 3Lac+ record on my table. If true than edit the data.

I have to find Id from 3Lac+ record on my table. If true than edit the data.

What does this mean?

So, Its work properly in 1.7.2 version, recently I upgrade to 5.6.3. Now the query throwing error while executing in "Size".

Yes. It's expected. There are now protections against bad usage of some APIs.
More here: From / Size | Elasticsearch Reference [5.6] | Elastic

Thank you so much for your reply @dadoonet.

1. In Elastic table we have more than 3Lac+ record from that I have to edit on some particular matching ProductId, means all records on table are Product detail, So Admin want to edit Product specification then it should affect on Elastic Search table on real time. So for that we used query using NEST in C#, we update that matching ProductId with specification and save it.
  2. You have given Link but it having default size is 10,000, while in 5.6.3 we reset from 10,000 to more then it throwing error on runtime.

What means 3Lac+ records? Is that a number? Sorry. I don’t know this.

How do you update your documents? Is it like update by query?

I’m afraid I can’t help if I don’t understand what you are doing exactly. May be it’s because I don’t code in .Net?

Yes, there is 300 Thousands plus products are configured in table. Means that much of product ids. And yes I get that Id by matching in query and update that in elastic.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.