How to add nodes to cluster through source code

I want to add a node to my cluster(currently single node),but i want to add a node through source code.
Which file i should look into.

I don't know what you mean by "through source code". Each node is a separate process, so to add a second node you just configure it and then run it.

Hi @DavidTurner,
i am not running elasticsearch installer,i am running elasticsearch instance by gradlew run in eclipse. How do i add node in this case because elasticsearch.yml gets dynamically generated.

Ah I see. I don't think it's possible to run multiple nodes from an IDE. You can use remote debugging to attach an IDE to a node started elsewhere. It's also possible to write test cases that simulate running multiple nodes: see ESIntegTestCase and its derived classes for examples of this.

In this post , he added nodes by ,
node.max_local_storage_nodes: 4 in elasticsearch.yml .

Is it not possible to hardcode the number of nodes in source code.

Setting node.max_local_storage_nodes doesn't run any extra nodes so I don't think it addresses your question.

There's no way to "hardcode" a setting value, but I don't see why you would want to do that. If you don't want to change it, simply don't change it!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.