How to build visualization for average bandwidth utilization of a an interface/port

I am snmp polling WAN interface of firewall getting input and output bytes. How do i create average of 5 minute, 1 hour and 1day average graphs?

i have the snmp polling and netflow 9 interface utilization data.

There are two different questions that you might be asking, so I will try to give both answers. You should probably use TSVB for this kind of data. If the values are monotonically increasing, then you should use the "Positive rate" function to calculate the average increase per interval. Then, this is the conditional part:

• You might want to set the overall interval to 5 min, 1 hour, or 1 day- by default this will give you something like "Rate per 5 min" or "Rate per 1 hour" but you can scale this using the "Positive Rate" function to something like "Rate per 1 min over a 5 min period", or "Rate per 1 hour over a 1 day period"- this is basically sub-dividing the interval into smaller chunks
  • Instead of sub-dividing intervals, you might want to smooth out a smaller interval into the 5-min average using the Moving Average. In this case, I would suggest that you don't use Positive Rate, and instead use the Moving Average of the Average.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.