How to change the default type "doc" for fileBeat index when ingest data to ES by ingest?

I set the prospectors to ingest Nginx log to ES by fileBeat 5.5.0, and I found the type is "_type": "doc". I want to change the type name doc to other name, how to do it ?

**My config :**
filebeat.prospectors:

- type: log

enabled: true

paths:
    #- /var/log/*.log
    # 
    - D:\nginx-1.13.8\logs\access.log
    #- c:\programdata\elasticsearch\logs\*

**The  indexed document  in the ES.**
{
  "_index": "filebeat-2018.03.20",
  "_type": **"doc",**
  "_id": "P7-2Q2IBoQbqqlRr8Tx9",
  "_version": 1,
  "_score": 1,
  "_source": {
    "@timestamp": "2018-03-20T14:01:20.288Z",
    "beat": {
      "hostname": "HQ-PAB41656",
      "name": "HQ-PAB41656",
      "version": "5.5.0"
    },
    "input_type": "log",
    "message": "2018/03/20 22:01:11 [error] 7628#11008: *71 CreateFile() \"D:\\nginx-1.13.8/html/gggg\" failed (2: The system cannot find the file specified), client: 127.0.0.1, server: localhost, request: \"GET /gggg HTTP/1.1\", host: \"localhost:808\"",
    "offset": 35280,
    "source": "D:\\nginx-1.13.8\\logs\\error.log",
    "type": "log"
  },
  "fields": {
    "@timestamp": [
      "2018-03-20T14:01:20.288Z"
    ]
  }
}
1 Like

Mapping types are being removed from Elasticsearch and Filebeat doesn't allow the _type value to be configured to ensure there's only a single _type value. You can still customize the type value with fields: {type: foo} and fields_under_root: true in Filebeat

From the url "ES - Removal of Mapping Types" you provided, it says the alternative is "Index per document type", suppose I have two types of log files ,one is type access.log , another is error.log, and I want to put them into different index ,such as access.log into index1 and error.log into index2 , how to configure it in ElasticSearch output of filebeat.yml( version 5.5 )? As I notice that I Just only can set one index name in the Elastic Search output.

You can use the indices configuration option to have it write documents to different indices.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.