How to configure ELK for geoip

Hi,
I want to configure ELK stack. Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash will configure at one server and there will be multiple filebeat client. How can I configure for geoip? What need to configure in Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash for the same? I am beginner in ELK, please guide me.

I'm not sure. What do you mean by "How can I configure for geoip?".

What do you want to do exactly? What kind of data you want to collect?

@dadoonet , thanks for your response.
I want to visualize IP on map in kibana visualization. For that what will be configuration in Elasticsearch, logstash and filebeat.

IP comes from?

Logs will come from filebeat client which will contain public IP, to logstash. Then I want to visualize these IPs in kibana. Here is the sample log:

SID [183733] Send Length [15595] through PROTOCOL_PSEUDO_SSL_SOCKET to [/173.98.56.1:40606]

Is that a known/standard log format or something which is built internally?

It is built internally.

So the first step is to ask filebeat to collect each line of your logs. And send to Elasticsearch.
Did you do that yet?

yes, have done it.

I have sent logs from filebeat to logstash

I don't think you need Logstash for a simple use case like this.
So send directly to Elasticsearch.

You can use this option in filebeat to dissect the content of the log line.

But I'd recommend creating an ingest pipeline in Elasticsearch and use the Dissect processor | Elasticsearch Guide [7.15] | Elastic

Then, once you have extracted the IP address in a field, you can apply a GeoIP processor | Elasticsearch Guide [7.15] | Elastic

Let me know when it's done.

You will need to define field geoip.location as type of geo_point in your index mapping before ingestion

@ylasri thanks for your response.
Could you guide me how can I do that ( define field geoip.location as type of geo_point in your index mapping before ingestion)? Because I am beginner.
Thanks in advance.

Something like this to define an index template

PUT _template/filebeat-geoip
{
  "index_patterns": [
    "filebeat*"
  ],
  "mappings": {
    "properties": {
      "geoip": {
        "properties": {
          "location": {
            "type": "geo_point"
          },
          "ip": {
            "type": "ip"
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

I was gettiing this error in Chrome browser but it is working fine in Firefox. Thank you so much @ylasri and @dadoonet for your support

I have another query. Suppose if I want to get ISP for that IP then, is there any way to do that?

Hi @ylasri , should I have to pay to get to know ISP?

No,
You can use geoip filter twice
First time with default value of default_database_type to get Lat/Lon
Second with the default_database_type to ASN ti get ISP ASN