How to configure the monitoring pipeline?

Hey guys,

I'm currently encrypting the communication between elasticsearch, logstash and kibana (and soon filebeat...) Whenever I start Logstash with the xpack.monitoring-feature enabled I get the following warning:

logstash         | [WARN ] 2019-07-25 15:09:12.218 [[.monitoring-logstash]-pipeline-manager] elasticsearch - ** WARNING ** Detected UNSAFE options in elasticsearch output configuration!
logstash         | ** WARNING ** You have enabled encryption but DISABLED certificate verification.
logstash         | ** WARNING ** To make sure your data is secure change :ssl_certificate_verification to true

How do I enable this option for the monitoring pipeline? I already set the mentioned option to true for my actual pipeline and the warning disappears as soon as I disable the monitoring feature.

The Elastic-Stack is running on version 7.2.0 in docker containers. All instances (elastic, logstash and kibana) are running on the same host.

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.