How to convert a string field to a date field in EFK stack

Hi All,

I am sending custom syslog data from a server to elasticsearch using fluentd. I am able to see the data in table visualisation. But when I try to go for Line or any other visuzlization I am not able to place the date field or any other field which is a string into the Y axis.

This is the sample log.

{"date":"Feb 3 17:26:36","server":"xx","error":"augenrules: failure 1"}
{"date":"Feb 3 17:26:38","server":"xx","error":"NetworkManager[830]: [xx] manager: rfkill: WiFi enabled by radio killswitch; enabled by state file"}
{"date":"Feb 3 17:26:44","server":"xx","error":"Unit metricbeat.service entered failed state."}
{"date":"Feb 3 18:01:44","server":"xx","error":"rtprocess[4815]: (RTI rtscantask[6106]@xx)#app#ClsRtdb_query_attr.cpp#931#ClsRtdbAttrTbl::fetchScalarVal(): Failed to fetch scalar value because failed to convert address to number address."}

I have 3 fields here.

1. date
    2.server
    3.error

All I want to show is in X-axis I need a date field and in Y axis I need server names and I want to aggregate the errors in between using a dot/line visualisation. When the mouse mouse hovers it should be abe to show the error message.

Can someone please advise on how this can be done?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.