How to create a dashboard with action button?

(dergane) #1

Hi all, I'm new with Kibana.
I would like to migrate my old system using NagVIS to Kibana.
Do you know how to create a dashboard representing as map your monitored system and display in the dashboard some action buttons allowing to start/stop services?
Thanks

(Joe Fleming) #2

Kibana is more of a general purpose tool, and while you should be able to extend it to do what you're asking about, you'd have to roll it all yourself, which means putting in a fair bit of work.

representing as map your monitored system

There's nothing that Kibana ships with out of the box that will enable this. You could probably put together using a custom tilemap server and mapping your data to custom coordinates, but that would be a lot of work. Alternatively, you could write a custom visualization plugin that would map documents to a representation of your setup, which would also be a bit of work, but probably less than the tilemap option.

display in the dashboard some action buttons allowing to start/stop services?

This would also need to be built as a plugin of some sort. You could inject controls into Kibana, or into another kind of custom visualization, but this functionality doesn't exist in Kibana out of the box.

(dergane) #3

Thank you for your confirmation.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.