How to disable add_cloud_metadata processing in elastic-agents

Hi everybody,
Is there a way to disable the default processing of the add_cloud_metadata from the "elastic-agent.yml" configuration file ?

This is very annoying as at each start of the agent it sends a lot of agent errors trying to contact different cloud providers through non-routable ips...

So there are false errors, a lot of unused messages, some cpu and network operations while not really needed and some elastic user time spent to understand errors traces which are not... errors.

In the same place I would like to say an elastic-agent complete yaml schema would be usefull as the documentation is a little bit messy when it comes to put things together in a larger context...
It would be great to have a way of printing the complete actual configuration yaml file with all default values REALLY set and explicited. Is there a way I do not know to do that ?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

do you try to disable the add_cloud_metadata processor in the Elastic Agent? probably you can modify the elastic-agent.yml configuration file.

Regards

Yes it is exactly what I am trying to do :wink:

But I do not find the way to achieve this... It seems this processors is added without telling to do so in the agent.yml. (A bad things I personnally think because hidden things or behaviors are dangerous or useless almost time)

Elastic should probably stop to hide some default behavior.
A default behavior could simply appear in all default agents Kibana generated conf with a kind of "enabled: true" explicitly set.

Implicit things kill knowledge and make time loosed to look at the doc for something we want not to use ... So sad...

Do you know if I miss the magic parameter and which it is ?
Thanks for your help