How to disable "Open in new tab" "open in new window" in Kibana

How do I disable open in new tab or new window from a Kibana Dashboard report that has "URL TEMPLATE" links.

Can you provide more details or a screen shot? What "open in new tab" or "new window" links are you referring to?

Those options are provided by the browser when you right click on an link

Yes, I'm aware that it's a browser feature.

I'll explain the problem perhaps that'll help.

Kibana index pattern offers a filed to be treated as a url and takes in a url template with {{value}} to be passed. I have a report that uses this feature.

I have a react app in which, kibana iframes are embedded. When I "left click" on the link for a given {{value}} everything works fine.

However, when I right click on the url link for a given {{value}} and say " open In new tab or new window",

The url on the browser becomes https://domain/app/kibana#/visualize/edit........

Due to this, now all the visualizations, dashboards in their "raw" kibana form is open for users which is a problem.

I need to avoid this and keep the users within an iframe window.

One option I thought is to return a 404 from nginx when the url has a "Kibana#" bit this breaks the app completely.

Another option I thought was to somehow disable "open in new tab/window" in kibana.

If this is not possible, I would like to know if there are other options.

We are in a similar situation. Any workaround identified for this? We want to disable "open in a new window" for the iframe link of the dashboard.

Sorry no solution yet.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.